Falafel Crumb Flatbread
By: Eve Noe @thekoshernutritionist
|200g wholemeal flour (or white if preferred)|
|125g coconut yoghurt|
|1.5 tbsp olive oil|
|sea salt, a pinch|
|1/2 egg, whisked|
|1 can chickpeas, drained, rinsed and dried as much as possible|
|1 onion, peeled|
|3 garlic cloves|
|3/4 cup fresh parsley|
|3/4 cup fresh coriander|
|1 tsp salt|
|1 tbsp harrisa paste, this is spicy so alter according to taste or omit if preferred|
|1/2 tsp ground cardamom|
|1/2 tsp ground corriander|
|1/2 tsp baking powder|
1. Preheat your oven to 180
2. Mix all flatbread ingredients together and knead for 2 minutes until well combined
3. Roll into a ball on a piece of baking paper and flatten using a rolling pin until the thickness of a 1 coin, put to one side whilst you make the falafel crumb.
4. To make the falafel crumb, add all ingredients except spray oil to your food processor and blend until well combined.
5. Spread mixture over a baking paper lined baking tray and bake for 10 mins
6. Remove falafel crumb mixture from the oven and break up with a fork, it should be partially cooked but still quite soft
7. Crumble your falafel mixture over the pre-rolled flatbread and bake for a further 15 minutes until fully cooked (the underneath of the flatbread should be dry) and golden.
8. Serve warm drizzled in techina (I love Ramona’s from KK), topped with chopped parsley and pine nuts alongside a crunchy salad!