Chocolate Coconut Cheesecake
By: Ellie Vorhand
|1 1/2 cups ground almonds|
|1/4 cup sugar|
|1 egg white|
|1 packet (450 – 500g) soft cheese|
|1/2 cup + 2 tbsp sugar|
|4 tbsp vanilla pudding|
|125ml fresh cream|
|6 oz milk chocolate|
|1/4 cup desiccated coconut|
For the crust –
1. Combine all ingredients together and press into a 9-inch round baking pan. It will be sticky
For the cheesecake –
2. Beat the cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Then beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add in the vanilla pudding.
3. Spread evenly over the crust layer.
4. Bake for 40-45 mins at 180 C
For the topping –
5. Heat cream and chocolate over low heat until melted. Stir in coconut.
6. Leave to cool and set in the fridge for 15 minutes before pouring over the cooled cheesecake.
7. Decorate with coconut and chocolate shavings (optional).